Monday, March 22, 2010

Honda Reflex Group Digest Number 4773

Messages In This Digest (9 Messages)

1a.
Paint From: pufferbelly2
1b.
Re: Paint From: jim borton
2a.
Re: Seat cover and rear trunk and back rest From: lcoop99
3.
Ugliest scooter I've ever seen (IMNSHO) From: Tim Hansen
4.
FS: OEM sport (short) windshield for Reflex  $35 From: scott_home
5.
Big Easy Weekend New Orleans From: Ed
6a.
Re: tire inquiry From: tailmaster
6b.
Re: tire inquiry From: Joe Barnhart
7a.
Re: Battery life? From: Joe Pal

Messages

1a.

Paint

Posted by: "pufferbelly2" pufferbelly2@yahoo.com   pufferbelly2

Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:10 pm (PDT)



Just wanted to share something I found out today. I have an 02 Gold Reflex that I like to keep looking as sharp as possible. It has a couple of small scratches that probably no one else would notice but they bug the heck out of me. After searching on line I found that ColoRite had my paint, Y170M Cyber Gold Metallic, $15 for a touch up tube. I hadn't ordered it yet and was glad I didn't, was in Advanced Auto today and discovered they had Dupli-Color HA 00983 Naples Gold Metallic YR524M for half the price and it appears to be an exact match!

Steve

1b.

Re: Paint

Posted by: "jim borton" gondola1545@yahoo.com   gondola1545

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:03 pm (PDT)



FYI....  DupliColor is Sherwin Williams Automotive line....

________________________________
From: pufferbelly2 <pufferbelly2@yahoo.com>
To: hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, March 21, 2010 6:10:02 PM
Subject: Honda Reflex Group Paint

 
Just wanted to share something I found out today. I have an 02 Gold Reflex that I like to keep looking as sharp as possible. It has a couple of small scratches that probably no one else would notice but they bug the heck out of me. After searching on line I found that ColoRite had my paint, Y170M Cyber Gold Metallic, $15 for a touch up tube. I hadn't ordered it yet and was glad I didn't, was in Advanced Auto today and discovered they had Dupli-Color HA 00983 Naples Gold Metallic YR524M for half the price and it appears to be an exact match!

Steve

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

2a.

Re: Seat cover and rear trunk and back rest

Posted by: "lcoop99" lcoop99@yahoo.com   lcoop99

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:39 pm (PDT)



--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hansen" <phreadbarnz@...> wrote:
>
> I believe that it has been reported that the Bestem sometimes rattles and
> extra 'padding' was required to eliminate that.
> I don't believe that any of us with the Givi have encountered that.
>
> TravlinTim (who has the Givi E52) Hansen
> phreadbarnz@...
>

I put a little foam padding between my (detachable) givi E52 trunk and its mounting plate to eliminate some 'play'.
--LC

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic."
Arthur C. Clarke

3.

Ugliest scooter I've ever seen (IMNSHO)

Posted by: "Tim Hansen" phreadbarnz@gmail.com   phreadbarnz

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:28 pm (PDT)



eBay Item #320505238847

TravlinTim (who doesn't understand that level of custom paint) Hansen
phreadbarnz@iwon.com


4.

FS: OEM sport (short) windshield for Reflex  $35

Posted by: "scott_home" scott_home@yahoo.com   scott_home

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:46 am (PDT)



Very good condition. Contact me at scott_home AT yahoo.com

Thanks.

5.

Big Easy Weekend New Orleans

Posted by: "Ed" dunkkizing@yahoo.com   dunkkizing

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:23 am (PDT)



Anyone attending the Big Easy Weekend rally in New Orleans
this coming weekend? I will be there riding a 2004 blue Reflex.

6a.

Re: tire inquiry

Posted by: "tailmaster" freedomfyter@yahoo.com   tailmaster

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:37 am (PDT)



Cycle Gear mounts mine for $30. They didn't even flinch when I brought in an auto radial. They've seen enough HD and others doing the same thing. Besides, after-market guys tend to be more flexible than dealers who have to worry about their franchise image.

No, darn it, I haven't put up those extra tires yet. Thanks for the reminder.

3rd Annual Slayride at the Tail of the Dragon next week will be the first one on this tire.

--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, Joe Barnhart <flaboye@...> wrote:
>
> We Idon't have those here. I asked pep boys and another shop and they said
> they couldn't do motorcycle tires. I also really don't have the right setup
> here to do wheel removal. I do all other maintenance though.
>
> I figure the 54.00 is a little steep yes, but I will probably never be
> putting another rear tire on again, so it's a one time fee so to speak.
>
> If I get 25,000 out of this tire my flex will be at 70,000 miles, something
> tells me this would be the last rear tire ever mounted if it doesn't get a
> flat.
>
> Thank you for your suggestion! I do appreciate it.
>
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 1:49 AM, rvtips <rvtips@...> wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > Take the car tire and the rim to a tire store,like Big o tire or what ever
> > you have near you,you will find one that will mount it,and won't charge you
> > an arm and a leg.
> > Phillip/riding around palm springs with my car tire in 88 weather/life is
> > good
> >
> > --- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com<hondareflexowners%40yahoogroups.com>,
> > Joe Barnhart <flaboye@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I called the honda dealer in lake city where I had my last sets done (I
> > did
> > > avon's this past time on the flex) and they said they'd be glad to mount
> > the
> > > car tire on the scooter, I just can't buy it from them (in which case
> > they'd
> > > mount for free) They only sell motorcycle tires.
> > >
> > > They quoted 54.00 to mount it. It's sitting here. I don't know, I'm still
> > > oscillating on it. I could always just do a set of OEM's again.
> > >
> > > My rear avon, at 8000 miles, looks like the OEM did at 10,000, so they
> > > certainly won't last as long but they were much "grippier" than the oem,
> > as
> > > it's a softer rubber apparently. I have nothing bad to say about the avon
> > > stryke's.
> > >
> > > Ok, well I just thought I'd ask how you were faring with your darkside
> > tire.
> > >
> > >
> > > Thanks for replying!
> > >
> > > Joe
> > >
> > > On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 1:35 PM, TubaTim <phreadbarnz@> wrote:
> > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > It is every thing I expected. There have been no surprises.
> > > > I've made it to work and back 2 1/2 days now. I'm still alive.
> > > >
> > > > TravlinTim (who is a darksider) Hansen
> > > > phreadbarnz@ <phreadbarnz%40iwon.com>
> > > >
> > > > --- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com<hondareflexowners%40yahoogroups.com>
> > <hondareflexowners%40yahoogroups.com>,
> > > > Joe Barnhart <flaboye@> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > Tim, how's the tire doing for ya?
> > > > >
> > > > > Joe
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

6b.

Re: tire inquiry

Posted by: "Joe Barnhart" flaboye@gmail.com   jtbgnsv

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:48 am (PDT)



Let us know how it works out!

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 10:34 AM, tailmaster <freedomfyter@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
>
> Cycle Gear mounts mine for $30. They didn't even flinch when I brought in
> an auto radial. They've seen enough HD and others doing the same thing.
> Besides, after-market guys tend to be more flexible than dealers who have to
> worry about their franchise image.
>
> No, darn it, I haven't put up those extra tires yet. Thanks for the
> reminder.
>
> 3rd Annual Slayride at the Tail of the Dragon next week will be the first
> one on this tire.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

7a.

Re: Battery life?

Posted by: "Joe Pal" pal996@lycos.com   donedeal999

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:10 am (PDT)



I think your dealer was thinking about how to get his hand in your pocket.

From: hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of draftednamvet
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2010 3:35 PM
To: hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Honda Reflex Group Re: Battery life?



I think my dealer was thinking of the way I ride. You see when the snow and
ice get off the roads around April or so I start riding my Reflex
consistantly never riding in my car at all. I ride rain or shine and a lot
of times I make long distant rides, so I think my dealer didn't want me 500
mile from home and have my battery die.

Keith
Iowa

--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:hondareflexowners%40yahoogroups.com> , "tailmaster"
<freedomfyter@...> wrote:
>
> Your '07 battery should be good for several years of regular use. I ride
year round and just replaced my '06 OEM battery and it was clearly needed.
>
> You can store your "spare" for five years or more in a cool, dry place.
You should trickle-charge it every three to six months to prevent complete
self-discharge.
>
> In some cases, stores will take your battery back. Most will not.
>
> You can sell it on eBay.
>
> You might consider consulting another dealer, too. Or, even better, the
membership on this message board.
>
>
> --- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:hondareflexowners%40yahoogroups.com> , "draftednamvet"
<draftednamvet@> wrote:
> >
> > I have a 07 Reflex and just before the snow started last year my dealer
suggested I get a new battery when I start riding this year. Well I bought
one but when I got the scoot out and riding I can't see any problem with the
one I have installed (factory). Can I just store the new one till I start
having problems?
> >
> > Keith
> >
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos and

more online.

Check out the

Y! Groups blog

Stay up to speed

on all things Groups!

Yahoo! Groups

Dogs Owners Group

Join Do More For Dogs

pet community

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment