Friday, March 5, 2010

Honda Reflex Group Digest Number 4756

Messages In This Digest (3 Messages)

1a.
Re: Cold Start From: BruceK
2a.
Free Shipping on T-Box From: Gary Kaplan
2b.
Re: Free Shipping on T-Box From: Joe Barnhart

Messages

1a.

Re: Cold Start

Posted by: "BruceK" bruce@aplusservices.com   bruceakoehler

Thu Mar 4, 2010 10:33 am (PST)



Thanks for the great input!

Bruce

--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "willyjumpup" <6at2004@...> wrote:
>
>
> I just solved the exact same problem you described. When I adjusted the valves to the proper clearance, instaneous starts without touching the throttle in the coldest weather was the reward. The local dealer was no help. Prior to the adjustment IF I could get it to start and warmed up, the rest of the day's starting was trouble free. Next morning ,however, same old hard start in cold weather. It ran so well when warmed up the valve adjustment, which was too tight, never even occurred to me. Hope this might help.
>
>
>
> --- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "dennismatice" <dennismatice@> wrote:
> >
> > Being new to the group, this may have covered before....but here goes.
> > I've only been riding my 2006 Reflex a couple of weeks and it's been a bit cold in the mornings here in Houston. High 30s to low 40s. The engine fires up nicely but the idle speed with the cold engine is very low and the engine dies. It takes 3-4 tries and finally the engine continues to run----very slowly. Once running and warmed-up, everything is fine. As per the manual, opening the throttle does no good due to the CV carb. Am I doing something wrong? I there an adjustment somewhere that will increase the rpms at cold-start?
> > Dennis
> >
>

2a.

Free Shipping on T-Box

Posted by: "Gary Kaplan" naturefocus@gmail.com   naturefocus

Thu Mar 4, 2010 1:56 pm (PST)



I just bought a T-box from Bestem off of eBay and they are offering
free shipping. Apparently you can order directly from them and get
free shipping right now as well. For me shipping would have been $20.
So I am getting the box for $69 total which seems like a great deal
for a top case. I am looking forward to getting it next week.

I think someone already asked this but, any advice on hooking up the
break light?

Gary

2b.

Re: Free Shipping on T-Box

Posted by: "Joe Barnhart" flaboye@gmail.com   jtbgnsv

Thu Mar 4, 2010 2:54 pm (PST)



Congrats on your new box!

The rear lights are very easy to access behind the little panel once you
raise the seat. That is where I tapped into the wiring harness for my
trunks on both silverwing and reflex.

If you need info on the wiring harness, I'm sure Bruce K will be more than
happy to give you the color codes, he did so for me concerning my front
wiring harness when I had problems with my headlights, or someone else on
here who may have it handy I'm sure will be glad to help.

I'm about to begin packing for Daytona and the last weekend of Bike Week!

By the way, I did do the K-Mod this afternoon, and am going to Daytona with
it. Very cool! Sort of odd in a way for me, (I did 42k without it) but
there is a significant "feel" of accomplishment. I would recommend it to
anyone who has their variator torn down. Just try it. If you don't like
it, reverse it, simple.

Joe

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Gary Kaplan <naturefocus@gmail.com> wrote:

>
>
> I just bought a T-box from Bestem off of eBay and they are offering
> free shipping. Apparently you can order directly from them and get
> free shipping right now as well. For me shipping would have been $20.
> So I am getting the box for $69 total which seems like a great deal
> for a top case. I am looking forward to getting it next week.
>
> I think someone already asked this but, any advice on hooking up the
> break light?
>
> Gary
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Drive Traffic

Sponsored Search

can help increase

your site traffic.

Group Charity

GiveWell.net

Identifying the

best non-profits

Y! Groups blog

The place to go

to stay informed

on Groups news!

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment