Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Honda Reflex Group Digest Number 4740

Messages In This Digest (9 Messages)

1a.
Re: New tire on front From: tailmaster
2a.
[RE]Honda Reflex Group New tire on front From: joe pal
2b.
Re: [RE]Honda Reflex Group New tire on front From: rvtips
3a.
Re: Water Pump repair coming up From: BruceK
4a.
Loose Rear Wheel From: doranosaurus
4b.
Re: Loose Rear Wheel From: rvtips
4c.
Re: {Disarmed} Honda Reflex Group Loose Rear Wheel From: George Giftos
4d.
Loose Rear Wheel From: tonymarchman@att.net
5.
New Floor Mats From: Gideon

Messages

1a.

Re: New tire on front

Posted by: "tailmaster" freedomfyter@yahoo.com   tailmaster

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:51 am (PST)



Gee, Phil, if it took 8 years to wear out your front tire, your new car tire will just rot off before you wear it out! :)

--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "rvtips" <rvtips@...> wrote:
>
> Well today I put the new Avon on the front,last week I put the new car tire on the rear,the ride is Sooo much better.
> The front tire did show some cupping,it was 9 years old.
> Phil
> near SF
> 2002 reflex.
>

2a.

[RE]Honda Reflex Group New tire on front

Posted by: "joe pal" pal996@lycos.com   donedeal999

Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:14 am (PST)





A nine year year old tire on an 8 year old bike?

I recently replaced both front and rear tires on my 2003 Reflex with stock Bridgestone Hoops. The ride is greatly improved. I believe that the improved ride has more to do with the fact that the tires are new than the type/brand of tire. I have noticed the same thing when replacing tires on my cars and trucks.

---------[ Received Mail Content ]----------
Subject : Honda Reflex Group New tire on front
Date : Tue, 16 Feb 2010 07:38:20 -0000
From : "rvtips" <rvtips@yahoo.com>
To : hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com

Well today I put the new Avon on the front,last week I put the new car tire on the rear,the ride is Sooo much better.
The front tire did show some cupping,it was 9 years old.
Phil
near SF
2002 reflex.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

2b.

Re: [RE]Honda Reflex Group New tire on front

Posted by: "rvtips" rvtips@yahoo.com   rvtips

Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:08 pm (PST)




Yes 9 years old,I did check the build date.
Phil
--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "joe pal" <pal996@...> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> A nine year year old tire on an 8 year old bike?
>
>
>
> I recently replaced both front and rear tires on my 2003 Reflex with stock Bridgestone Hoops. The ride is greatly improved. I believe that the improved ride has more to do with the fact that the tires are new than the type/brand of tire. I have noticed the same thing when replacing tires on my cars and trucks.
>
>
>
---------[ Received Mail Content ]----------
> Subject : Honda Reflex Group New tire on front
> Date : Tue, 16 Feb 2010 07:38:20 -0000
> From : "rvtips" <rvtips@...>
> To : hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com
>
> Well today I put the new Avon on the front,last week I put the new car tire on the rear,the ride is Sooo much better.
> The front tire did show some cupping,it was 9 years old.
> Phil
> near SF
> 2002 reflex.
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

3a.

Re: Water Pump repair coming up

Posted by: "BruceK" bruce@aplusservices.com   bruceakoehler

Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:18 pm (PST)



Mike,

No pre-defined list, but look in the FILES section for the parts catalog.

At a minimum, get:

SEAL, MECHANICAL - 19217-MAL-300
GASKET, WATER PUMP COVER - 19229-KAB-010
O-RING (35.2X2.6)- 91301-KE1-004
O-RING (32.95X2.62) (ARAI)- 91302-MB0-013

You may also want to replace the oil seal if there is any hint of oil in the coolant, or vice versa.

OIL SEAL (15X24X5)- 91204-GK8-003

Also you MAY need to replace the bearing and the shaft if worn (not likely.

SHAFT ASSEMBLY, WATER PUMP - 19250-KAB-010 (the whole guts, including bearing, seals etc - all but the gasket above), or
SHAFT, WATER PUMP - 19241-KAB-000
BEARING, RADIAL BALL (6001) - 96100-60010-00

Hope that helps

Bruce Koehler - the Koehlerizer
Santa Cruz, CA

--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "MichaelB" <mikeveg@...> wrote:
>
> Well, folks, it looks like I'm going to have to do my water pump soon. I've got a bit of seepage under the bike after a ride (not much), but I should attend to it. I have searched the archives as much as this screwed up yahoo search will allow, but I was not able to come up with (lazy me) a suggested list of replacements parts to have on hand. I figure I might as well but them all (ugh) and be ready! If there IS such a list, feel free to steer me towards it.
>
> Mike
>

4a.

Loose Rear Wheel

Posted by: "doranosaurus" doranosaurus@gmail.com   doranosaurus

Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:22 pm (PST)



I've noticed my rear wheel is loose. I don't know if it's always been like that but this is the first I've noticed it. On the center stand when I jiggle it, there's about 1/4 inch of play in all directions. If it were a bicycle this would be a sign of very worn hub bearings or a very poorly adjusted hub. Is that the case on a Reflex or is that just the normal amount of play that a rear wheel has?

Is it a problem or is it normal?

Thanks!
-Doran-
Silver 2001 Reflex daily driver.

4b.

Re: Loose Rear Wheel

Posted by: "rvtips" rvtips@yahoo.com   rvtips

Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:08 pm (PST)



I just replaced my rear tire,there was No play before or after.
Phil

--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "doranosaurus" <doranosaurus@...> wrote:
>
> I've noticed my rear wheel is loose. I don't know if it's always been like that but this is the first I've noticed it. On the center stand when I jiggle it, there's about 1/4 inch of play in all directions. If it were a bicycle this would be a sign of very worn hub bearings or a very poorly adjusted hub. Is that the case on a Reflex or is that just the normal amount of play that a rear wheel has?
>
> Is it a problem or is it normal?
>
> Thanks!
> -Doran-
> Silver 2001 Reflex daily driver.
>

4c.

Re: {Disarmed} Honda Reflex Group Loose Rear Wheel

Posted by: "George Giftos" gcgiftos@utmi.net   gcgiftos

Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:34 am (PST)



It definitely is NOT normal. Find out what's loose and repair it immediately.

George

On Feb 17, 2010, at 1:22 AM, doranosaurus wrote:

> I've noticed my rear wheel is loose. I don't know if it's always been like that but this is the first I've noticed it. On the center stand when I jiggle it, there's about 1/4 inch of play in all directions. If it were a bicycle this would be a sign of very worn hub bearings or a very poorly adjusted hub. Is that the case on a Reflex or is that just the normal amount of play that a rear wheel has?
>
> Is it a problem or is it normal?
>
> Thanks!
> -Doran-
> Silver 2001 Reflex daily driver.
>
>
>
> --
> This message has been scanned for viruses and
> dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
> believed to be clean.

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

4d.

Loose Rear Wheel

Posted by: "tonymarchman@att.net" tonymarchman@att.net   tonymarchman@att.net

Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:55 am (PST)



I think that is why he is posting, he want us to help him find out why it is loose. Mine does not feel loose but makes a noise like something is needing attention. I have not been willing to remove everything in the rear wheel just to have a look. Has anyone had to replace the wheel bearings. Did you do it or the shop? How expensive was it?
TIA
Tony in Tn (where we are expecting the thaw to start today)

5.

New Floor Mats

Posted by: "Gideon" gideongrey@yahoo.com   gideongrey

Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:22 pm (PST)



If anyone needs new floor mats, let me know. I have a set I bought before I sold my Reflex I'd sell for 1/2 off.

Thanks!

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos and

more online.

Check out the

Y! Groups blog

Stay up to speed

on all things Groups!

Cat Groups

on Yahoo! Groups

discuss everything

related to cats.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment