Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Honda Reflex Group Digest Number 4739

Messages In This Digest (4 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Re: Engine hesitates with initial throttle roll-on.

Posted by: "tailmaster" freedomfyter@yahoo.com   tailmaster

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:47 am (PST)



I think Bruce is asking the same kind of question as me.

Is the "engine" itself hesitating or is the scooter hesitating to move forward after roll on?

Here's some of the reasoning for the question.

I've had many conventional motocycles from 90 to 1000, all with manual transmissions. I clearly remember my first CVT experience with the Reflex. It felt odd that "it took so long" for the drivetrain to respond to throttle up. I had to learn that it was completely normal and just plain different from the nearly instantaneous feel I get from clutch and gears.

Slowly roll up the throttle. You should "feel" the AVT start to engage around 22-2400 RPM or so. The "hesitation" between idle, about 1400 RPM, and full CVT engagement is totally normal.

--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "dennismatice" <dennismatice@...> wrote:
>
> Yes it is. I have 2 BMWs but the old left foot has to do the shifting. I'm going crazy with the Reflex....I keep wanting to shift with one foot and brake with the other!! I've been doing this since I was 14 and I'm closing in on 73 now.....old habits are hard to break I guess.
>
> --- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "tailmaster" <freedomfyter@> wrote:
> >
> > Is this your first CVT machine?
> >
> > --- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "dennismatice" <dennismatice@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi....Just bought a yellow 2006 Reflex S with 714 miles on the clock. It looks like it just came off the assembly line. I haven't had a chance to ride it much because of the weather but I have experienced a definite hesitation when I roll-on the gas leaving a stop. Then the engine "catches" and goes very nicely. Anyone had the problem? Thanks. Dennis
> > >
> >
>

2.

Water Pump repair coming up

Posted by: "MichaelB" mikeveg@yahoo.com   mikeveg

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:33 pm (PST)



Well, folks, it looks like I'm going to have to do my water pump soon. I've got a bit of seepage under the bike after a ride (not much), but I should attend to it. I have searched the archives as much as this screwed up yahoo search will allow, but I was not able to come up with (lazy me) a suggested list of replacements parts to have on hand. I figure I might as well but them all (ugh) and be ready! If there IS such a list, feel free to steer me towards it.

Mike

3a.

Re: +Re:Greetings from a past happy Reflex bro... (Drummer)  ;>}

Posted by: "r r" sharpone39@yahoo.com   sharpone39

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:02 pm (PST)



STill have the jacket? Will it fit a man who needs an xl? Send pictures if you think so. Thanks
Richard in Louisiana

________________________________
From: Joyce Gibson <gibson.joyce@gmail.com>
To: hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, November 1, 2009 12:33:52 AM
Subject: Honda Reflex Group +Re:Greetings from a past happy Reflex bro... (Drummer) ;>}

 
Hey - I've got the ladies Joe Rocket Ballistic XL jacket to go with this one! Pics to anyone who wants them. I'm asking $40 & shipping and it's been worn for about an hour. It never fit right, I'm too short-waisted.

=} Joyce

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

4.

New tire on front

Posted by: "rvtips" rvtips@yahoo.com   rvtips

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:38 pm (PST)



Well today I put the new Avon on the front,last week I put the new car tire on the rear,the ride is Sooo much better.
The front tire did show some cupping,it was 9 years old.
Phil
near SF
2002 reflex.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos and

more online.

Group Charity

GiveWell.net

Identifying the

best non-profits

Y! Groups blog

the best source

for the latest

scoop on Groups.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment