Saturday, February 6, 2010

Honda Reflex Group Digest Number 4734

Messages In This Digest (4 Messages)

1a.
Went to the dark side From: rvtips
1b.
Re: Went to the dark side From: Joe Barnhart
1c.
Re: Went to the dark side From: tonymarchman@att.net
1d.
Re: Went to the dark side From: Joe Barnhart

Messages

1a.

Went to the dark side

Posted by: "rvtips" rvtips@yahoo.com   rvtips

Fri Feb 5, 2010 10:29 pm (PST)



Well today I put on the car tire.
Only road it for 10 miles,not too much difference,I guess I was expecting more?
Phillip
near SF

1b.

Re: Went to the dark side

Posted by: "Joe Barnhart" flaboye@gmail.com   jtbgnsv

Sat Feb 6, 2010 5:13 am (PST)



Lol, well with all the dire warnings from people who have never tried it,
yea, I would think you were expecting quite a lot more :)

Congrats, please keep us informed as to how it works out for you (even if
you suffer an accident directly associated with having the car tire on the
scoot)

Ride Safe!

Joe

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 1:28 AM, rvtips <rvtips@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
>
> Well today I put on the car tire.
> Only road it for 10 miles,not too much difference,I guess I was expecting
> more?
> Phillip
> near SF
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

1c.

Re: Went to the dark side

Posted by: "tonymarchman@att.net" tonymarchman@att.net   tonymarchman@att.net

Sat Feb 6, 2010 5:13 am (PST)



Yeah! That is exactly what we have been saying. Thanks for your input. Soon there will be more darksiders than "lightsiders"
Tony in Tenn with 5k on car tire
--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "rvtips" <rvtips@...> wrote:
>
> Well today I put on the car tire.
> Only road it for 10 miles,not too much difference,I guess I was expecting more?
> Phillip
> near SF
>

1d.

Re: Went to the dark side

Posted by: "Joe Barnhart" flaboye@gmail.com   jtbgnsv

Sat Feb 6, 2010 5:27 am (PST)



I am gearing up for Bike Week and it's apparent that my rear tire, the avon
stryke at about 7,000 miles isn't going to be in very good shape by the end
of the month when it'll have another 1200 or so on it before the trip.

So, I'm going to see if the dealer will mount and balance the car tire for
me (which I already bought a while back), if they will, I'm going over the
week before bike week! If they won't I'm certainly not putting another avon
on the rear, back to the bridgestone oem hoop.

Since I ride so many miles, and they are highway, I think this is worth
doing if for no other reason than to save 300.00 or more each year on rear
tires! For those who don't ride much it's probably not worth doing and that
may be at the root of most of their objections. But for us road warriors it
can come down to economics.

Joe

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 8:09 AM, tonymarchman@att.net
<tonymarchman@att.net>wrote:

>
>
> Yeah! That is exactly what we have been saying. Thanks for your input. Soon
> there will be more darksiders than "lightsiders"
> Tony in Tenn with 5k on car tire
> --- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com<hondareflexowners%40yahoogroups.com>,
> "rvtips" <rvtips@...> wrote:
> >
> > Well today I put on the car tire.
> > Only road it for 10 miles,not too much difference,I guess I was expecting
> more?
> > Phillip
> > near SF
> >
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Biz Resources

Y! Small Business

Articles, tools,

forms, and more.

Find helpful tips

for Moderators

on the Yahoo!

Groups team blog.

Yahoo! Groups

Cat Zone

Connect w/ others

who love cats.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment