Saturday, January 2, 2010

Honda Reflex Group Digest Number 4701

Messages In This Digest (6 Messages)

1a.
double darksider From: tonymarchman@att.net
1b.
double darksider From: tonymarchman@att.net
1c.
Re: double darksider From: Joe Barnhart
2.
STO Wishes You Happy New Year From: jrgrammer98
3a.
Re: the unthinkable From: lcoop99
4a.
Re: Rear Trunk Shopping. From: MichaelB

Messages

1a.

double darksider

Posted by: "tonymarchman@att.net" tonymarchman@att.net   tonymarchman@att.net

Fri Jan 1, 2010 6:06 am (PST)



Hi Mike, Yes, we did mount the tire so the rotation direction is correct. This is the same size tire as the majesty rear. I am sure it will last for years.
Thanks for being the one to lead the way into the double darksider world. The reflex has a much improved ride now with all that rubber on the road.
Tony in Tenn with 41k on old yellow

1b.

double darksider

Posted by: "tonymarchman@att.net" tonymarchman@att.net   tonymarchman@att.net

Fri Jan 1, 2010 9:42 am (PST)



Actually I had purchased a Pirelli Diablo 150/70-13 for my majesty and removed the BS Hoop 150/70-13 which had 5k miles on it and that is what I put on the front of the reflex. The hoop still has a lot of life in it and should last until 2020 (smile). It gives the reflex a sportbike look with that massive tire. Another amusing note is both tires maintain full contact with the pavement when I put it on the center stand. This makes it so easy to use the center stand now. The side stand is almost too short. Anyway, I plan to get a lot of use out of it this spring.
Tony in Tenn (it was 20 degrees this morning and getting colder tonight)

1c.

Re: double darksider

Posted by: "Joe Barnhart" flaboye@gmail.com   jtbgnsv

Fri Jan 1, 2010 9:50 am (PST)



Sounds good, will be interested in reports from you how you fare with them.

We're going down to the 20's on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights (so they
say)

I will be riding the flexerator all 3 mornings, brrrrrr !!

I thought Florida was supposed to be the sunshine state!

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 12:36 PM, tonymarchman@att.net
<tonymarchman@att.net>wrote:

>
>
> Actually I had purchased a Pirelli Diablo 150/70-13 for my majesty and
> removed the BS Hoop 150/70-13 which had 5k miles on it and that is what I
> put on the front of the reflex. The hoop still has a lot of life in it and
> should last until 2020 (smile). It gives the reflex a sportbike look with
> that massive tire. Another amusing note is both tires maintain full contact
> with the pavement when I put it on the center stand. This makes it so easy
> to use the center stand now. The side stand is almost too short. Anyway, I
> plan to get a lot of use out of it this spring.
> Tony in Tenn (it was 20 degrees this morning and getting colder tonight)
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

2.

STO Wishes You Happy New Year

Posted by: "jrgrammer98" stoshopkeeper@centurytel.net   jrgrammer98

Fri Jan 1, 2010 8:49 am (PST)



Happy New Year! And with this New Year comes a New Surprise for our rally!
Scooting the Ozarks will be September 15-18 in Eureka Springs, AR. Riders of all scooters, modern and classic, moped to maxi are all welcome. This year we will be giving away a New 2009 Kymco Agility 125cc Scooter MSRP $2049. You must pre-register for the rally and be present to win. Pre-registration is open from now until Sept. 1. For complete details on just how you could win this scoot, visit our webpage here http://scoottheozarks.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=prize This scooter was furnished by your STO Staff, Lanny from Lanny's Cycle World, http://www.lannyscycleworld.com/ & Kymco USA.

Tressa
STO Rally Volunteer
http://scoottheozarks.proboards.com
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=214958106109

3a.

Re: the unthinkable

Posted by: "lcoop99" lcoop99@yahoo.com   lcoop99

Fri Jan 1, 2010 12:24 pm (PST)



the curves - consciously practice your leaning & countersteering in curves out on the road - (safely) "experiment" with it - may save ur butt in an absent-minded moment - as it has mine a couple of times -
--LC

--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "tonymarchman@..." <tonymarchman@...> wrote:
>
> You are not alone, I did something similar a few years ago. Entered the curve too fast and almost got it stopped and then the wheels slipped off the pavement. I landed on my butt while the scoot slid down the bank. Then the wheels caught and it did a roll over, a complete 360. When it came to a rest, it was sitting upright and the motor was still running. I was totally amazed, the windshield was not broken, the givi box was intact, no visible damage. I slid down the bank, jerked it around a bit to get the belly off the high ground it landed on and rode it out of the cornfield. I was a little bruised and much wiser. I have managed to avoid a repeat performance. I now have the nerve to just lean it on over and trust it to make the curve instead of trying to stop. (this was before I installed the car tire)
> Tony in Tenn. with 41k on a yellow reflex with "a few light scratches"
>

4a.

Re: Rear Trunk Shopping.

Posted by: "MichaelB" mikeveg@yahoo.com   mikeveg

Fri Jan 1, 2010 2:11 pm (PST)



The shipping is indeed $30.00, and the looks are a matter of individual taste. I like the look a lot, and it'll hold 2 full face helmets. As far as those morrors are concerned, I took them off, as they vibrated too much and wouldn't stay aligned. You'll find I covered that in a couple of previous posts. If you do try them, be aware that yu can't reach them to adjust them while moving without risking a nasty spill.

Mike

--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "brian_cirulnick" <techrat@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> --- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, Joe Barnhart <flaboye@> wrote:
> > I see the shipping on that 88.00 trunk is 30.00 !!!!
> >
> And while it holds a lot, I think it's a little wide and ruins some of the "look" I like about the Reflex, but maybe I'm just too picky. However, I love those Empi Spider Mirrors, I'll have to look into that mod as well, because those really give the reflex a good sporty appearance.
>
> At $70 shipped the Bestem T-Box 2012 may be the winner. As long as it doesn't pop open when you hit a bump we should be OK. I was looking on JC Whitney's site, and while their boxes looked good, there were complaints that the latch mechanism was flawed.
>
> While I'm snowed in, I want to get as much done in the garage as possible to prep the bike for the first warm day I can get, so, I'm buying stuff now like it's going out of style, I'll have it all installed before Feb's done, and by March I should be riding to work again on a regular basis.
>

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Drive Traffic

Sponsored Search

can help increase

your site traffic.

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Bi-polar disorder

Find support

Yahoo! Groups

Cat Group

Join a group for

people who love cats

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment