Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Honda Reflex Group Digest Number 4698

Messages In This Digest (3 Messages)

1a.
26,2 From: Joe Barnhart
1b.
Re: 26,2 From: Mike
1c.
Re: 26,2 From: Joe Barnhart

Messages

1a.

26,2

Posted by: "Joe Barnhart" flaboye@gmail.com   jtbgnsv

Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:48 am (PST)



Well here goes the coldest ride I've ever done.

It's 26.2 outside grrrrrr......

Flexer was very uhhappy about cranking this morning, lol.

Joe

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

1b.

Re: 26,2

Posted by: "Mike" Ursamajor@ceoexpress.com   ursamajor35235

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:02 am (PST)



You're either Very brave or Very foolish. I'll let you decide which. ))

--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, Joe Barnhart <flaboye@...> wrote:
>
> Well here goes the coldest ride I've ever done.
>
> It's 26.2 outside grrrrrr......
>
> Flexer was very uhhappy about cranking this morning, lol.
>
> Joe
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

1c.

Re: 26,2

Posted by: "Joe Barnhart" flaboye@gmail.com   jtbgnsv

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:11 am (PST)



Well they say to be courage and foolishness share commonality!

There was actually ice on the windshield and the tires, which I had to rinse
off with a bucket. The roads here never ice over though, so once I was on
the road all was well.

I survived it, this Saturday night they're saying mid to low 20's so I may
break the 26.2 record on my Sunday ride.

In Florida we get to ride all year no matter the temp. I remember 18
degrees one winter here, but wasn't riding bikes then.

I have the 210 givi shield which doesn't do anything for your hands, it does
keep most wind to the top of my helmet, I'm 5'11.

I do not have the leg shields or hand shields that are available.

I put on thermals, then jeans, then a long sleeve t over the thermal top.

Then the Joe rocket textile with liner.

Then I put on some balloon pants to cover the jeans as jeans nor thermals
cut the wind.

Then I put on Cortech scarab winter gloves.

It wasn't all that bad, but I did keep the face shield sealed the whole way.

The temp guage never got over 1/4, on normal Florida days it would run a
little over 1/2 where everyone said theirs usually runs.

So the motor was very cool today!

Joe

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 1:02 PM, Mike <Ursamajor@ceoexpress.com> wrote:

>
>
> You're either Very brave or Very foolish. I'll let you decide which. ))
>
> --- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com<hondareflexowners%40yahoogroups.com>,
> Joe Barnhart <flaboye@...> wrote:
> >
> > Well here goes the coldest ride I've ever done.
> >
> > It's 26.2 outside grrrrrr......
> >
> > Flexer was very uhhappy about cranking this morning, lol.
> >
> > Joe
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Biz Resources

Y! Small Business

Articles, tools,

forms, and more.

Yahoo! Groups

Going Green

Resources and tips

for green living

Yahoo! Groups

Mom Power

Find wholesome recipes

and more. Go Moms Go!

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment