Friday, April 2, 2010

Honda Reflex Group Digest Number 4784

Messages In This Digest (2 Messages)

1.
Thoughts and Suggestions as the miles increase From: riverside_instructor
2a.
Re: Battery: Life Expectancy From: rieger_cl

Messages

1.

Thoughts and Suggestions as the miles increase

Posted by: "riverside_instructor" Chris@BarkingDawg.com   riverside_instructor

Thu Apr 1, 2010 2:32 pm (PDT)



Hi all,

I know I've not been on here in a very long time. Kids and employment changes have a lot to do with that.

Anyway...

As I'm now pushing 30,000 miles on my 'flex, I thought I'd say a few words about some things I've seen and see if anyone else has anything to add to this.

1) Don't ignore the coolant. I replaced the coolant for the first time this spring. Holy cow did that make a difference. I don't know why, but the motor runs better. The old stuff was in horrid condition. I went overboard and put in the long life Amsoil synthetic, but I doubt that has anything to do with the way this feels now. I just think I had some really nasty stuff floating around.

2) Newer belts seem to wear less. The 20k replacement did not look nearly as worn as the 10K. Anyone else see later belts looking better? My drive faces look OK, so I'm still on the originals there.

3) If the scoot does not seem to want to start easily, check the battery. My tester showed it was fine, but it didn't want to turn over and seemed to drain quickly. Replaced it and it starts right up. I guess trying to push it 4 years was a bit much.

4) Hoops still rule. Have not tried any other tire and I'm still getting good wear and life out of these.

All in all, the vehicle is treating me well and remains a reliable and economic errand runner.

2a.

Re: Battery: Life Expectancy

Posted by: "rieger_cl" rieger@faircraft.com   rieger_cl

Thu Apr 1, 2010 4:22 pm (PDT)



It this still the best place to get a reasonably priced replacement battery?

--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "proginov" <proginov@...> wrote:
>
> These are a lot cheaper than going to a dealer, they last longer, and
> there are stores all over the country.
>
> http://www.batteriesplus.com/p-32748-xtreme-permaseal-high-performance-agm-powersport-battery.aspx
>
> Mike (who does not use a stealer if I can help it) Davis
>

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Sell Online

Start selling with

our award-winning

e-commerce tools.

Dog Groups

on Yahoo! Groups

discuss everything

related to dogs.

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Mental Health

Learn More

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE

Do More for Dogs Group. Connect with other dog owners who do more.


Welcome to Mom Connection! Share stories, news and more with moms like you.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment