Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Honda Reflex Group Digest Number 4746

Messages In This Digest (7 Messages)

1a.
Re: reflex drive belt From: ALEX
1b.
Re: reflex drive belt From: Joe Barnhart
2a.
Re: Hesitation on roll-on From: BruceK
3a.
Re: Stronger clutch From: BruceK
4a.
Re: Battery Question From: BruceK
5a.
Re: Bestem T-Box on Sport From: Toni Folske
6.
Old reflex has to go From: jfolander

Messages

1a.

Re: reflex drive belt

Posted by: "ALEX" kent0k@yahoo.com   kent0k

Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:22 am (PST)



I BOUGHT IT ON EBAY FROM HONDA DEALER WHICH E-MAIL ME THAT IT WAS OEM PART AND I PAID FOR IT AROUND $36.00 AT EBAY ACTION.
THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWER
I WILL CHECK WITH LOCAL HONDA DEALER .
ALEX

--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, Joe Barnhart <flaboye@...> wrote:
>
> If I put that into google weird stuff comes up. The place I buy mine still
> shows the original part #. (OEM)
>
> My guess is that's an aftermarket belt.
>
> Perhaps someone else can give you more info.
>
> The OEM belt is 61.00 at dgy.com, and the rollers are 9 bucks.
>
> How much did you pay for the belt? That would be an indicator too perhaps.
>
> Good Luck!
>
> Joe
>
> On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 11:49 AM, ALEX <kent0k@...> wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > can somebody know about drive belt marked as honda-bando #23100-KFG-6410-M1
> > I bought from honda dealer wich told me it is direct replacement of OEM#:
> > 23100-KFG-003
> >
> > alex
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

1b.

Re: reflex drive belt

Posted by: "Joe Barnhart" flaboye@gmail.com   jtbgnsv

Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:26 am (PST)



Is that the one that started out as 25.00 on bid with like 8.00 in shipping?

It was a honda dealer selling on ebay, yea. I wrote him some specific
questions and did not like his evasive answers, thus I didn't bother to bid
on it. I was interested because I'm about to have to pay 61.00 for one at
dgy so it was a great deal, except he wouldn't tell me the honda part # on
the belt, lol.

Is this the same one?

Joe

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 9:14 AM, ALEX <kent0k@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
>
> I BOUGHT IT ON EBAY FROM HONDA DEALER WHICH E-MAIL ME THAT IT WAS OEM PART
> AND I PAID FOR IT AROUND $36.00 AT EBAY ACTION.
> THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWER
> I WILL CHECK WITH LOCAL HONDA DEALER .
> ALEX
>
> --- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com<hondareflexowners%40yahoogroups.com>,
> Joe Barnhart <flaboye@...> wrote:
> >
> > If I put that into google weird stuff comes up. The place I buy mine
> still
> > shows the original part #. (OEM)
> >
> > My guess is that's an aftermarket belt.
> >
> > Perhaps someone else can give you more info.
> >
> > The OEM belt is 61.00 at dgy.com, and the rollers are 9 bucks.
> >
> > How much did you pay for the belt? That would be an indicator too
> perhaps.
> >
> > Good Luck!
> >
> > Joe
> >
> > On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 11:49 AM, ALEX <kent0k@...> wrote:
> >
> > >
> > >
> > > can somebody know about drive belt marked as honda-bando
> #23100-KFG-6410-M1
> > > I bought from honda dealer wich told me it is direct replacement of
> OEM#:
> > > 23100-KFG-003
> > >
> > > alex
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

2a.

Re: Hesitation on roll-on

Posted by: "BruceK" bruce@aplusservices.com   bruceakoehler

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:24 pm (PST)



GREAT!

Thanks for posting back with your fix - it will help others in the future.

Bruce

--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "dennismatice" <dennismatice@...> wrote:
>
> The weather finally cleared (and warmed) up in Houston and I took the Reflex out for a long run. Sometimes the easiest fixes are the place to start. I noticed that the idle speed was only between 1100 and 1200rpm. I took the side access plate off and increased the speed to 1500 per the book.......goodbye hesitation!!! Thanks to all for the many possible causes....always good to file these away for another day.
> Dennis
>

3a.

Re: Stronger clutch

Posted by: "BruceK" bruce@aplusservices.com   bruceakoehler

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:31 pm (PST)



I think so - but I suggest ordering ALL the BIG Rukus clutch parts - housing, shoes, springs.

Bruce

--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "markobaldo" <msbryer@...> wrote:
>
> JM2, you are absolutely correct. The Reflex is NOT made to do what we are asking it to do. However, we are fulltime RVers. We carry our Reflex on a rack mounted on the back of our 5th wheel trailer. Some days we travel 130 miles on pavement for some site-seeing, other days Scoot will bring us down a 20 mile stretch of dirt road to our hiking trailhead. The next day we'll spot her as the pick-up vehicle for a kayaking trip along a river bank. Sure, an off-road bike would be nice some of the time, but a majority of miles are on smooth pavement.
> Bruce, I'll pick up a clutch housing for a Rukus soon. Do you know if it uses the same clutch pads as a Reflex.?
> Mark
>
> --- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "thebubblepuppy2004" <bubblepuppy@> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> > I think you should either consider getting a 'real' off road bike to off-road with, or be prepared to replace clutch shoes frequently. I would think you are beating the crap outta them. This bike isn't intended for the use you are using it for, especially 2-up. But to each their own.
> >
> > I'd think those clutch shoes must be stinkin' something fierce on the dirt & gravel, like a car clutch would when it is abused. Not to mention the outer clutch bell getting too hot & blue-ing.
> >
> > JM2¢
> >
> > --- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "markobaldo" <msbryer@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Considering that we ride two-up & frequently use our Reflex off road, I was wondering if there is a stronger clutch available???
> > > Thanks,
> > > Mark
> > >
> >
>

4a.

Re: Battery Question

Posted by: "BruceK" bruce@aplusservices.com   bruceakoehler

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:34 pm (PST)



Cycle batteries can usually be DEPENDED ON for 3 years - unless run DEAD, which severely reduces their lifespan. Anything over three years is living on borrowed time...

Please spare me the posts about ones lasting 7 years, etc - I KNOW some do (mine has lasted 5) - but I do not believe they can be DEPENDED ON after 3 years.

Bruce

--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "piccolagita" <piccolagita@...> wrote:
>
> About how many years can I expect my battery to last? I bought an 04 about a year and a half ago. It had only 280 miles on it when I bought it. It now has over 3,000 miles on it.
>
> My husband says not to worry about it until it will no longer start up. But I will use the scoot for work as soon as the temps warm up a bit. Don't want to get stuck in the morning or after work.
>

5a.

Re: Bestem T-Box on Sport

Posted by: "Toni Folske" handygaltoni@yahoo.com   handygaltoni

Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:01 pm (PST)



Okay, thank you so much!!! I will give this a try!!! Hope I am able to do this!! Thanks Again!

 Toni Folske
 

--- On Sun, 2/21/10, Bill Kenner <brkenner@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Bill Kenner <brkenner@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Honda Reflex Group Bestem T-Box on Sport
To: hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, February 21, 2010, 6:01 AM

 

hmmm... it's been awhile... You want the trunk lights to come on when your brake lights come on, so follow the wire from the 2 big red tail lights and terminate the T-box lights in the same connector.

--- In hondareflexowners@ yahoogroups. com, Toni Folske <handygaltoni@ ...> wrote:

>

> Hello, can you remeber how you hooked up the brake light to your box. I have a bestem and a reflex but need help on how to hook up the t box brake light.

>

>  Toni Folske

>  

>

>

>

> --- On Thu, 2/18/10, Bill Kenner <brkenner@.. .> wrote:

>

> From: Bill Kenner <brkenner@.. .>

> Subject: Honda Reflex Group Bestem T-Box on Sport

> To: hondareflexowners@ yahoogroups. com

> Date: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 8:21 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I mounted a Bestem T-Box on my '04 Reflex Sport a year ago and posted some photos in the photos section to help those with a sport model see the method I used. The box rattles some but I'm not aware of it while in the drivers seat, only when it's running and on the center stand. The Givi product is probably better built but I'm satisfied with this one. It stays dry, the lock works well, it's a good size, and has proven to be durable. I put 8,000 miles on this scooter in '09. I had an LED burn out recently, called the factory and they sent me a complete new LED panel, no charge.

>

>

>

> Hope this helps those trying to decide which box to use and how to mount it on the sport.

>

>

>

> Bill K.

>

> Memphis

>

> 04 Sport

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

6.

Old reflex has to go

Posted by: "jfolander" jfolander@yahoo.com   jfolander

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:37 pm (PST)




Is anyone in southern calif. interested in an '01 standard? It's in
perfect condition except for some recent scratches on the rh side. At
age 79 I have reached the limit of my ability to handle a scooter and
the time has come for me to part with it. Always garaged and never wet,
it has about 13k miles on and I want to sell it for $2000 even. Call
858 270 1276 in San diego Ca.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Biz Resources

Y! Small Business

Articles, tools,

forms, and more.

Check out the

Y! Groups blog

Stay up to speed

on all things Groups!

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Find support for

Mental illnesses

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment