Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Honda Reflex Group Digest Number 4711

Messages In This Digest (4 Messages)

1a.
Re: Luggage for 2001 Reflex From: Tim Hansen
1b.
Re: Luggage for 2001 Reflex From: MichaelB
1c.
Re: Luggage for 2001 Reflex From: j wood
1d.
Re: Luggage for 2001 Reflex From: TubaTim

Messages

1a.

Re: Luggage for 2001 Reflex

Posted by: "Tim Hansen" phreadbarnz@gmail.com   phreadbarnz

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:15 am (PST)



The '01 - '07 Reflex are the same as far as the rear wings are considered.
TravlinTim (who loves his Givi E52) Hansen
phreadbarnz@iwon.com

> --------------------------------------------------
> From: "ricemoto987" <ricemoto987@yahoo.com>
> Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 2:58 AM
> To: <hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: Honda Reflex Group Luggage for 2001 Reflex
>
>> I've got an '01 'Flex and was wondering if anyone knows what kind of
>> luggage might fit on the back of the Reflex where the wing is. I've
>> found Givi's for '06s and up but nothing for an '01. Thanks in advance
>> for assistance.
>> Mike
>>
>>
>
>

1b.

Re: Luggage for 2001 Reflex

Posted by: "MichaelB" mikeveg@yahoo.com   mikeveg

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:16 am (PST)



Mike,

(Please note that this is a copy of a post I made earlier regarding a luggage trunk for the Reflex, so if the spacing is messed up, I apologize. I'm TOTALLY happy with the purchase!)

I'll recommend the following box, which sells for $88.00 plus $30.00 freight wholeheartedly. I had to use a bit of creativity and shimming (about 6 minutes and one Miller Lite's worth) to secure the mount to the luggage wing (I do not have a Sport Reflex, but, if I recall, there was plenty of hardware in the kit to mount the baseplate to a tubular rail/rack) and I bought a bit of weatherstripping to stop a tiny lid rattle, but it holds my XL helmet and any riding jacket I own, or a load of groceries that you wouuldn't believe. the link
is

http://cgi.ebay.com/LARGE-MATTE-BLACK-MOTORCYCLE-TRUNK-LUGGAGE-TOP-CASE_W0QQitem\
Z360220463099QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item53ded00ffb


and the gold Honda Reflex pictured is my own ride. I was so happy with the trunk that I sent the seller some pics showing what it looks like on a Reflex (nope, I'm not the seller)!

Pictures of my trunk (the Reflex's trunk...) can be found in the group's photo album at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hondareflexowners/photos/album/1313779759/pic/list

including the pic of the grocery haul I made the second day I had it on the bike.

--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "ricemoto987" <ricemoto987@...> wrote:
>
> I've got an '01 'Flex and was wondering if anyone knows what kind of luggage might fit on the back of the Reflex where the wing is. I've found Givi's for '06s and up but nothing for an '01. Thanks in advance for assistance.
> Mike
>

1c.

Re: Luggage for 2001 Reflex

Posted by: "j wood" cw68jw@yahoo.com   cw68jw

Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:28 am (PST)





________________________________
From: Tim Hansen <phreadbarnz@gmail.com>
To: hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, January 11, 2010 10:14:48 AM
Subject: Re: Honda Reflex Group Luggage for 2001 Reflex

 
The '01 - '07 Reflex are the same as far as the rear wings are considered.
TravlinTim (who loves his Givi E52) Hansen
phreadbarnz@ iwon.com

> ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --
> From: "ricemoto987" <ricemoto987@ yahoo.com>
> Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 2:58 AM
> To: <hondareflexowners@ yahoogroups. com>
> Subject: Honda Reflex Group Luggage for 2001 Reflex
>
>> I've got an '01 'Flex and was wondering if anyone knows what kind of
>> luggage might fit on the back of the Reflex where the wing is. I've
>> found Givi's for '06s and up but nothing for an '01. Thanks in advance
>> for assistance.
>> Mike
>>
>>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

1d.

Re: Luggage for 2001 Reflex

Posted by: "TubaTim" phreadbarnz@gmail.com   phreadbarnz

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:43 pm (PST)



And the Givi comes with a mounting bracket that is designed and made for the Honda Reflex. No alterations. No creativity and shimming needed.

TravlinTim (who loves his Givi E52) Hansen
phreadbarnz@iwon.com

--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "MichaelB" <mikeveg@...> wrote:
>
> Mike,
>
> (Please note that this is a copy of a post I made earlier regarding a luggage trunk for the Reflex, so if the spacing is messed up, I apologize. I'm TOTALLY happy with the purchase!)
>
>
> I'll recommend the following box, which sells for $88.00 plus $30.00 freight wholeheartedly. I had to use a bit of creativity and shimming (about 6 minutes and one Miller Lite's worth) to secure the mount to the luggage wing (I do not have a Sport Reflex, but, if I recall, there was plenty of hardware in the kit to mount the baseplate to a tubular rail/rack) and I bought a bit of weatherstripping to stop a tiny lid rattle, but it holds my XL helmet and any riding jacket I own, or a load of groceries that you wouuldn't believe. the link
> is
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/LARGE-MATTE-BLACK-MOTORCYCLE-TRUNK-LUGGAGE-TOP-CASE_W0QQitem\
> Z360220463099QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item53ded00ffb
>
> and the gold Honda Reflex pictured is my own ride. I was so happy with the trunk that I sent the seller some pics showing what it looks like on a Reflex (nope, I'm not the seller)!
>
> Pictures of my trunk (the Reflex's trunk...) can be found in the group's photo album at
>
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hondareflexowners/photos/album/1313779759/pic/list
>
> including the pic of the grocery haul I made the second day I had it on the bike.
>
>
> --- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "ricemoto987" <ricemoto987@> wrote:
> >
> > I've got an '01 'Flex and was wondering if anyone knows what kind of luggage might fit on the back of the Reflex where the wing is. I've found Givi's for '06s and up but nothing for an '01. Thanks in advance for assistance.
> > Mike
> >
>

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Sell Online

Start selling with

our award-winning

e-commerce tools.

Y! Groups blog

the best source

for the latest

scoop on Groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Mental Health

Learn More

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment