Monday, May 2, 2011

[BuzzardsSC] Digest Number 1042

Messages In This Digest (3 Messages)

1a.
upgrading a super 9 From: robert.paris@rocketmail.com
1b.
Re: upgrading a super 9 From: Donald Obst
2.
Re: upgrading super 9 From: robert.paris@rocketmail.com

Messages

1a.

upgrading a super 9

Posted by: "robert.paris@rocketmail.com" robert.paris@rocketmail.com   robert.paris@rocketmail.com

Sun May 1, 2011 5:18 am (PDT)



I would like some input on performance parts, rollers and springs and a variator and an exhaust. not trying to go fast just want to maintain some speed on hills and around town. I'm 6' 250 lbs not sure what springs or rollers to use.
Thanks.

1b.

Re: upgrading a super 9

Posted by: "Donald Obst" jeotech@earthlink.net   jeotech69

Sun May 1, 2011 7:02 pm (PDT)



I got most of my stuff from Moped Hospital in Key West, FL. Parts are
getting harder to come by since the Super 9 is not made like it used to
be if even at all anymore. What year is your bike?

Basically you want to change the torque drive pulley, spring and
variator rollers at a minimum. Malossi makes very good parts and the
spring you want is the Yellow one, I think, and probablly 6.5 gram
rollers. Its a trial and error sort of thing with the roller weights
and your body weight. If you stay with the stock motor then a Technigas
Next R pipe is the ticket. I might sell my pipe if I can find a RS-II
since I have the bigger motor.

Check out the Yahoo Groups Super 9 list server, there are a ton of
articles written very well and it helped me out enormously when I built
my Super 9 up.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/super9/

The guys on this list server are very helpful and I could not have done
my bike correctly without them, It goes up hills around Charlotte at 50
mph, hit 60 slightly down hill once, all GPS speeds as the speedo gets
buried and is not even close to accurate.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

On 5/1/2011 8:18 AM, robert.paris@rocketmail.com wrote:
>
> I would like some input on performance parts, rollers and springs and
> a variator and an exhaust. not trying to go fast just want to maintain
> some speed on hills and around town. I'm 6' 250 lbs not sure what
> springs or rollers to use.
> Thanks.
>
>
2.

Re: upgrading super 9

Posted by: "robert.paris@rocketmail.com" robert.paris@rocketmail.com   robert.paris@rocketmail.com

Sun May 1, 2011 5:20 am (PDT)



any helpful info please send to bparis60@gmail.com
thanks again

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Drive Traffic

Sponsored Search

can help increase

your site traffic.

Health Zone

Look your best!

Groups to help you

look & feel great.

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Bi-polar disorder

Find support

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment