Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Honda Reflex Group Digest Number 4712

Messages In This Digest (7 Messages)

1a.
Re: Luggage for 2001 Reflex From: Robert
1b.
Re: Luggage for 2001 Reflex From: steve.stansberry
2a.
Stalling out. From: bob63653
2b.
Re: Stalling out. From: Joe Barnhart
2c.
Re: Stalling out. From: BruceK
2d.
Re: Stalling out. From: bob63653
2e.
Re: Stalling out. From: bob63653

Messages

1a.

Re: Luggage for 2001 Reflex

Posted by: "Robert" Hunter@HouseHunterAtlanta.com   househunteratlanta

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:38 am (PST)





Mike

I have a Givi V46 on my '01 reflex with matching top. Looks like made for the Reflex and color matches perfectly. Large enough to hold my Booq BOA CASE L briefcase or 2 helmets. Although pricier than some alternatives it turns heads so was worth the extra investment for me.

Hunter

--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "TubaTim" <phreadbarnz@...> wrote:
>
> And the Givi comes with a mounting bracket that is designed and made for the Honda Reflex. No alterations. No creativity and shimming needed.
>
> TravlinTim (who loves his Givi E52) Hansen
> phreadbarnz@...
>
> --- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "MichaelB" <mikeveg@> wrote:
> >
> > Mike,
> >
> > (Please note that this is a copy of a post I made earlier regarding a luggage trunk for the Reflex, so if the spacing is messed up, I apologize. I'm TOTALLY happy with the purchase!)
> >
> >
> > I'll recommend the following box, which sells for $88.00 plus $30.00 freight wholeheartedly. I had to use a bit of creativity and shimming (about 6 minutes and one Miller Lite's worth) to secure the mount to the luggage wing (I do not have a Sport Reflex, but, if I recall, there was plenty of hardware in the kit to mount the baseplate to a tubular rail/rack) and I bought a bit of weatherstripping to stop a tiny lid rattle, but it holds my XL helmet and any riding jacket I own, or a load of groceries that you wouuldn't believe. the link
> > is
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/LARGE-MATTE-BLACK-MOTORCYCLE-TRUNK-LUGGAGE-TOP-CASE_W0QQitem\
> > Z360220463099QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item53ded00ffb
> >
> > and the gold Honda Reflex pictured is my own ride. I was so happy with the trunk that I sent the seller some pics showing what it looks like on a Reflex (nope, I'm not the seller)!
> >
> > Pictures of my trunk (the Reflex's trunk...) can be found in the group's photo album at
> >
> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hondareflexowners/photos/album/1313779759/pic/list
> >
> > including the pic of the grocery haul I made the second day I had it on the bike.
> >
> >
> > --- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "ricemoto987" <ricemoto987@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I've got an '01 'Flex and was wondering if anyone knows what kind of luggage might fit on the back of the Reflex where the wing is. I've found Givi's for '06s and up but nothing for an '01. Thanks in advance for assistance.
> > > Mike
> > >
> >
>

1b.

Re: Luggage for 2001 Reflex

Posted by: "steve.stansberry" steve.stansberry@yahoo.com   steve.stansberry

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:10 am (PST)



Tim, what happene to your basket? You spent several years knocking others who got GIVI's and all, bragging that your basket carried far more then any top case could do! It's great to see that you have discovered "outside" your box!! Have another great day!!!

Steve
Roseville, CA

--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hansen" <phreadbarnz@...> wrote:
>
> The '01 - '07 Reflex are the same as far as the rear wings are considered.
> TravlinTim (who loves his Givi E52) Hansen
> phreadbarnz@...
>
>
> > --------------------------------------------------
> > From: "ricemoto987" <ricemoto987@...>
> > Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 2:58 AM
> > To: <hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: Honda Reflex Group Luggage for 2001 Reflex
> >
> >> I've got an '01 'Flex and was wondering if anyone knows what kind of
> >> luggage might fit on the back of the Reflex where the wing is. I've
> >> found Givi's for '06s and up but nothing for an '01. Thanks in advance
> >> for assistance.
> >> Mike
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>

2a.

Stalling out.

Posted by: "bob63653" bob63653@yahoo.com   bob63653

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:11 am (PST)



Hello everyone,

I am having a problem now with my 2003 Reflex stalling out. I have replaced the fuel filter, added sea foam to the gas and cleaned the spark plug. My scooter will not start normally. I have to give it gas to get it started and then keep the throttle going or it stalls out. Even when it is warm I have keep the throttle on. Got the manual out and it tell me I might have to clean the carb. I sure hope not. Also, something about the SE Thermal Valve. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thx bob

2b.

Re: Stalling out.

Posted by: "Joe Barnhart" flaboye@gmail.com   jtbgnsv

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:29 pm (PST)



Has the seafoam worked its way through yet?

This happen all of a sudden? Did the scooter sit up for a while without
being used?

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 2:11 PM, bob63653 <bob63653@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am having a problem now with my 2003 Reflex stalling out. I have replaced
> the fuel filter, added sea foam to the gas and cleaned the spark plug. My
> scooter will not start normally. I have to give it gas to get it started and
> then keep the throttle going or it stalls out. Even when it is warm I have
> keep the throttle on. Got the manual out and it tell me I might have to
> clean the carb. I sure hope not. Also, something about the SE Thermal Valve.
> Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thx bob
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

2c.

Re: Stalling out.

Posted by: "BruceK" bruce@aplusservices.com   bruceakoehler

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:47 pm (PST)



Because it persists both warm and cold, it is unlikely to be the SE (Starting Enrichment) valve.

It absolutely sound like a fuel system problem.
Unfortunately it sounds like water in the fuel.

I suggest that you try draining the carb into a glass container, allow the contents to stand for a while - if there is water, you will see two layers of fluid through the glass container - the bottom one being water. See the write-up on fuel tank replacement in the FILES section for great photos on where stuff is in the fuel system There is a brass "screw valve" at the bottom of the carb's float bowl - back it out and the contents will run out the adjacent plastic tube (which should be routed into a glass container for observation.

If there is water in the fuel, check the inside of the gas tank carefully for rust (same article in the FILES section). The electric fuel pump will draw almost everything out of the fuel tank - the rest can be removed with a turkey baster and a hose attached to it.

Please post back with your findings so that we all can benefit from your work.

Hope that helps

Bruce Koehler - the Koehlerizer
Santa Cruz, CA

--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "bob63653" <bob63653@...> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am having a problem now with my 2003 Reflex stalling out. I have replaced the fuel filter, added sea foam to the gas and cleaned the spark plug. My scooter will not start normally. I have to give it gas to get it started and then keep the throttle going or it stalls out. Even when it is warm I have keep the throttle on. Got the manual out and it tell me I might have to clean the carb. I sure hope not. Also, something about the SE Thermal Valve. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thx bob
>

2d.

Re: Stalling out.

Posted by: "bob63653" bob63653@yahoo.com   bob63653

Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:02 am (PST)



It first sat for six months during the summer. I took it apart and sprayed the carb through the air intake and got it running good. Then I went home for the holiday's and ran some sea foam through the gas and left it for a month. Just came back and it started but now it stalls out.

--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, Joe Barnhart <flaboye@...> wrote:
>
> Has the seafoam worked its way through yet?
>
> This happen all of a sudden? Did the scooter sit up for a while without
> being used?
>
>
>
>
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 2:11 PM, bob63653 <bob63653@...> wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I am having a problem now with my 2003 Reflex stalling out. I have replaced
> > the fuel filter, added sea foam to the gas and cleaned the spark plug. My
> > scooter will not start normally. I have to give it gas to get it started and
> > then keep the throttle going or it stalls out. Even when it is warm I have
> > keep the throttle on. Got the manual out and it tell me I might have to
> > clean the carb. I sure hope not. Also, something about the SE Thermal Valve.
> > Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thx bob
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

2e.

Re: Stalling out.

Posted by: "bob63653" bob63653@yahoo.com   bob63653

Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:10 am (PST)



Hi Bruce,
You helped me before when I thought I had rust in the tank. I replaced the fuel filter then and drained all the gas out and there was no rust. I added Sea Foam to the gas and the scooter ran great. I then left Flordia and went up north for the holiday's for a month. I came back and the scooter started but I had to give it gas to to so. It ran for about 5 min and then stalled out. It now runs rough and stalls out. Did I do something wrong by giving it gas to start it? I have two of these scooters (one I keep up north a 2004) and I never have to give it gas to start it. I hope I don't have to take the carb apart because I am not qualified to do so. It looks like it might be headed back to the shop. Thanks for your help.

Bob

--- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "BruceK" <bruce@...> wrote:
>
> Because it persists both warm and cold, it is unlikely to be the SE (Starting Enrichment) valve.
>
> It absolutely sound like a fuel system problem.
> Unfortunately it sounds like water in the fuel.
>
> I suggest that you try draining the carb into a glass container, allow the contents to stand for a while - if there is water, you will see two layers of fluid through the glass container - the bottom one being water. See the write-up on fuel tank replacement in the FILES section for great photos on where stuff is in the fuel system There is a brass "screw valve" at the bottom of the carb's float bowl - back it out and the contents will run out the adjacent plastic tube (which should be routed into a glass container for observation.
>
> If there is water in the fuel, check the inside of the gas tank carefully for rust (same article in the FILES section). The electric fuel pump will draw almost everything out of the fuel tank - the rest can be removed with a turkey baster and a hose attached to it.
>
> Please post back with your findings so that we all can benefit from your work.
>
> Hope that helps
>
> Bruce Koehler - the Koehlerizer
> Santa Cruz, CA
>
>
>
>
>
> --- In hondareflexowners@yahoogroups.com, "bob63653" <bob63653@> wrote:
> >
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I am having a problem now with my 2003 Reflex stalling out. I have replaced the fuel filter, added sea foam to the gas and cleaned the spark plug. My scooter will not start normally. I have to give it gas to get it started and then keep the throttle going or it stalls out. Even when it is warm I have keep the throttle on. Got the manual out and it tell me I might have to clean the carb. I sure hope not. Also, something about the SE Thermal Valve. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thx bob
> >
>

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos and

more online.

Dog Zone

on Yahoo! Groups

Join a Group

all about dogs.

Group Charity

Stop Cyberbullying

Keep your kids

safe from bullying

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment